Nike Unveils Elite 51 NFL Unis
Nike unveiled their Nike Elite 51 Uniforms for the upcoming NFL season yesterday. The 51 comes from Nike co-founder Bill Bowerman’s number as a football player. Lightweight padding is integrated directly into the crucial “hit zones” in the baselayer. New innovations include integrating Flywire technology into the neckline to reduce weight and provide lockdown fit over pads, increasing sleeve articulation for better range of motion, and integrating new four-way stretch fabrication to provide a streamlined shrink-wrap fit.
Key features include:
- LIGHTER –The Nike jersey and pant, wet or dry are lighter than previous versions
- FLYWIRE TECHNOLOGY- Eliminates layers, reduces weight, and provides lockdown fit
- ZONED MESH VENTILATION – Provides cooling zones for optimal thermoregulation
- ZONED STRENGTH – High tenacity, stretch material, for light weight lockdown strength.
- CUT FOR MOBILITY – Four-way stretch, hydrophobic materials enable range of motion wet or dry.
- STRETCH TWILL NUMBERS – Four-way stretch even on numbering system
- CUSTOMIZABLE BASELAYER PADDING – Nike Pro Combat Hyperstrong baselayer with integrated lightweight, Deflex padding offering customizable flexible protection.
- DEFLEX PADDING – Lightweight, flexible impact protection integrated into top “hit zone” areas
- ALUMINUM D-RING BELT – Aircraft-grade aluminum D-ring belt reduces weight.
A few teams , such as the Seattle Seahawks and Chicago Bears chose to make modifications to their uniforms. The Seahawks re designed theirs to pay homage to their northwest roots, while the Bears opted to honor George S. Halas- the legendary player and coach- by making the “GSH” initials on the sleeve larger.
Also featured are the Nike Vapor Game Sock , a new sock designed for football. It combines compression, Nike Pro inspired cushioning, mesh venting and structure precisely where needed. The Nike Vapor Jet 2.0 Glove features the team logo prominently on the ManiGrip palms. The Nike Vapor Talon Elite cleat which is designed to provide lightweight, adaptive traction, durability, and a lockdown fit.
Here are the players that represented their teams:
AFC: Baltimore Ravens, Ray Rice / Cincinnati Bengals, Andy Dalton / Cleveland Browns, Joe Haden / Pittsburgh Steelers, Ben Roethlisberger / Houston Texans, Andre Johnson / Indianapolis Colts, Robert Mathis / Jacksonville Jaguars, Rashean Mathis / Tennessee Titans, Nate Washington / Buffalo Bills, George Wilson / Miami Dolphins, Karlos Dansby / New England Patriots, Wes Welker / New York Jets, Shonn Greene / Denver Broncos, Champ Bailey / Kansas City Chiefs, Dwayne Bowe / Oakland Raiders, Darren McFadden / San Diego Chargers, Ryan Matthews.
NFC: Chicago Bears, Brian Urlacher / Detroit Lions, Ndamukong Suh / Green Bay Packers, Jermichael Finley / Minnesota Vikings, Percy Harvin / Atlanta Falcons, Justin Blalock / Caroline Panthers, Deangelo Williams / New Orleans Saints, Pierre Thomas / Tampa Bay Buccaneers, LaGarrette Blount / Dallas Cowboys, Jason Witten / New York Giants, Victor Cruz / Philadelphia Eagles, Michael Vick / Washington Redskins, Brian Orakpo / Arizona Cardinals, Larry Fitzgerald / San Francisco 49ers, Alex Smith / Seattle Seahawks, Kam Chancellor / St. Louis Rams, Cortland Finnegan.